Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Moving On Up!


I've been at my job for almost 2 years now, and I appreciate the opportunities that I've come across while working here, but it's finally time to move on. I've started applying to some jobs in NY because if I'm finally being honest with myself, that is exactly where I need to be if I want to be successful in my field.

As you get older, you start noticing that there's SOOOO much more that you can do to get where you want to be. I started realizing that maybe I've been scared to be successful because that means I would be expected to go even further in life. I'll be turning 25 this year, and things are starting to come into perspective. I'm finally realizing what I want in my career. More importantly, I'm realizing that I could have been doing some of these things a long time ago. I guess maybe the recent turn of events in my life has given me more of a reason to do what I've always wanted.

I finally started looking into purchasing a car. It would be delightful if my godfather would pay for the car like he promised 5 years ago, but I'm an adult now. I'm making my own money. I'm not waiting around for anyone anymore. Not having this car is keeping me from travelling to see friends and family. Not having this car is keeping me from going on the job interviews I should be going to. I'm doing letting the simple things hold me back in life. I'm getting this car as soon as my tax return comes in, because if I don't do it now, it'll never get done, and I'll never be able to do what I truly want in life. 

Once I get my car, I can FINALLY start searching for my own apartment. I am so beyond ready to get out of this one bedroom with my grandmother. I love her more than anything and anyone in this whole world. I may even love her more than I love myself, and we all know I love me some City!! However, it's just time for me to have my own place. I want to be able to walk around naked! I want to be able to have people over whenever I want. I want to say I'm paying all of this money for rent on a place I can call my own, not a place I'm sharing and not enjoying most of the luxuries that come along with having an apartment.

I'm finally ready to be successful. I'm finally ready to do things without the help of my grandmother. I'm just ready for everything that 2013 has in store for me. *Spongebob voice* I'M READY!

~CityLimit$~

No comments:

Post a Comment